Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Chaplains Corner - September 2015

God has said, “I will never leave you, nor will I forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)

There are times when we find ourselves in tough and terrifying situations where we cannot see any activity of God around us, and are not sensing any presence of God. We begin to fear that God has left us all alone in a frightening situation. But, when we cry out in prayer to God for immediate help, God reassures us with His Promise in the Bible’s New Testament in Hebrews 13:5 “I will never leave you, nor will I forsake (abandon) you.” With God beside us, guiding us with each step, all of life’s difficulties can be resolved in accordance with God’s plan and purpose for our lives.

Through faith and trust in God’s Promises, we can conquer our anxieties and fears, place ourselves into God’s loving and protecting arms, receive the strength and courage to face life’s threatening situations, know with certainty that God has promised to never leave or abandon us when we find ourselves in those situations and ask God for His help. God ’s promises are truly faiths’ many anchors for the many storms of life.

A prayer for such times: O God, my heavenly Father, I come to you humbly, seeking the reassurance of your promise to never leave or abandon me. Then, being blessed with your reassurance promise, guide me safely through this tough and frightening situation. May your will be done. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Love you all,
John Szilvasy, Chaplain, SFA IX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comments below. Keep it clean.