Sunday, May 29, 2011

Chaplain's Corner - May 2011

The funeral of a uniformed person usually has a bagpiper playing "Amazing Grace" which is a Christian hymn with the words written by John Newton, the Captain of a slave ship who realized the sinful work that was his occupation, confessed his sins to God, accepted Jesus Christ (Messiah) as his personal Savior and Lord and changed his life completely. The words to 'Amazing Grace" reveal the spiritual journey of John Newton from sinner to saved follower of Jesus Christ. God's grace means God's forgiving love freely given to those who confess Jesus as their Savior and Lord. The words of "Amazing Grace" are expressed in the following four short verses.

1. Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me! I once was lost, but now am found, was blind, but now I see.

2. 'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, and grace my fears relieved; how precious did that grace appear the hour I first believed!

3. Thro' many dangers, toils, and snares, I have already come; 'Tis grace has brought me safe thus far, and grace will lead my home.

4. When we've been there ten thousand years, bright shining as the sun, we've no less days to sing God's than we first begun.

Is now the time to come to Jesus?

John Szilvasy, Chapter Chaplain, SFA Chapter IX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comments below. Keep it clean.