Note: Chaplain Szilvasy wrote this column after the 6 November election.
The Election is Over . . .
God is still in control of His creation. Our relationship with God did not change. After the reality of the results of the election have passed, God is still there, in control, and still working His will out in our lives, in our country, and in the world.
The following article was sent to me by a friend with the author unidentified. I pass it on to you in the hope that it will give you the peace of God until He returns or calls us to our eternal home.
The Election is over, we can still guarantee these results:
1. God will still be on His throne.
2. Jesus Christ will still be the King of kings and Lord of lords.
3. The Bible will still have all the answers to every problem.
4. The tomb will still be empty.
5. Jesus will still be the only way to heaven.
6. Prayer will still work – it will still make a difference, and God will still answer prayer.
7. The Cross, not the government, will still be our salvation.
8. There will still be room at the Cross.
9. Jesus will still save anyone who places their faith and trust in Him.
10. God will still be with us always – He will never leave us or forsake us.
Reverend Doctor John A. Szilvasy, Chaplain (USA, LTC) Retired, Qualified SF as Chaplain – 1966