Saturday, April 2, 2016

RIP CSM (ret) Reggie Salinas

Special Forces Association Chapter IX Past President and long time member Reginald "Reggie" Salinas passed away Tuesday, 29 March 2016 and was laid to rest on 1 April. Please keep his family in your prayers.

Reggie was a Vietnam Veteran, a founding member of the 1st Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, serving later in the 7th Special Forces Group and the Special Warfare Center. He served as the Commandant of the Special Forces Advanced NCO Academy, and as Battalion CSM of 3rd Battalion/75th Rangers.

CSM Salinas had numerous awards including the Legion of Merit, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, nine Meritorious Service Medals, and the Combat Infantryman's Badge. He was also a Master Parachutist, British Parachute wings, Military Freefall qualified, Pathfinder, and earned the Expert Infantryman's Badge, Ranger and Special Forces Tabs.

He is survived by his daughters, Gina Hill and Patricia Reed; son, Gabe Salinas; sisters, Irene Sanchez, Elvia Salinas, Simona Vasquez, Belle Trankle and Annamarie Yates; brothers, Ruben, Virgil, Anthony, Robert and Manuel Salinas and 7 grandchildren.

2 comments:

  1. To the Salinas famliy, I served with your father in Alaska from 1978-1980 as an RTO for CSM Willie Cobb. ALL of them were my Army family, and they raised me right. I have lost contact with CSM Bill (Willie J) Cobb. If you know anything about CSM Cobb please let me know. He and others in Alaska were my first of many military families from 1977-2012 when I retired. Again, my condolences and respects for your family. MSG (RET) Jerry Warren cell (360)927-5886

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too need to find CSM Willie J Cobb, as I served in Alaska in 1978-1980 at both Fort Richardson and Fort Greely. I do not recall CSM Salinas, nor MSG Warren, as I never rose in the ranks as these excellent men. I was a Finance Clerk in the main bldg one the basement of the 172 LIB. CSM Cobb was a father figure to me and literally saved my life, morally. I wish I could find him to thank him. I respect all of the aforementioned, and will forever be grateful to all leaders such as these in the United States Army. God speed.

    ReplyDelete

Enter your Comments below. Keep it clean.