Friday, October 5, 2012

Chapalin's Corner - September 2012

Revisiting an old prayer from hard times

Throughout life, especially in combat some people would say to themselves the 23rd Psalm to help them regain their inner balance and focus intensely of what needs to be done to get out of this situation.  So I thought you would like to read it in the New Living Translation of the Holy Bible and renew your relationship with Him.

23rd Psalm…. A psalm of Kingdom David

The Lord is my shepherd.  I have everything I need.  He lets me rest in green meadows,  he leads me beside peaceful streams.  He renews my strength.  He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. 
Even when I walk through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.  Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.  You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.  You welcome me as a guest. My cup overflows with blessings.  Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.

May God bless you with His presence and love, and draw you near to Him and never let you go.

Reverend Doctor John A. Szilvasy, Chaplain (USA, LTC) Retired, Qualified SF as Chaplain – 1966

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comments below. Keep it clean.