Monday, August 17, 2015

Chaplains Corner - July 2015

The following is called the Apostles’ Creed, which was created by the early Christian Church to state clearly what it believed to be its core doctrinal beliefs. I thought it might be of interest to you.

The Apostles’ Creed

I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth;
And in Jesus Christ His only Son our Lord; Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit; Born of the Virgin Mary;
Suffered under Pontius Pilate; Was crucified, dead, and buried; He descended into hell;
The third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended in heaven; And sits on the right hand of God the Father almighty;
From there He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in The Holy Spirit; The Holy Catholic Church; The Communion of Saints; The forgiveness of sins; The Resurrection of the body, and the Life everlasting. Amen.

Love you all, John A. Szilvasy, Chaplain, SFA IX

Photo of Chaplain John Szilvasy and his wife Linda is below:

1 comment:

  1. I am seeking a copy of Chaplain Szilvasy's Silver Star citation for a compilation of all chaplain awards of the Silver Star and higher. If anyone can help me, email me at: cdouglassterner@gmail.com or call me at (719) 281-7118 tHANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete

Enter your Comments below. Keep it clean.