The following is what God gave to the Jews to help them get along with God and each other. Thought it might be helpful to you read them in modern English and think about their influence in your lives.
The Ten Commandments from God given to Moses at Mount Sinai:
1. You shall have no other gods before me.
2. You shall not make for yourself any graven image.
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.
And this one is from me:
You shall use only clean speech at all times and places, because unclean speech will be interpreted as a sign of disrespect to Christians and will offend them deeply.
Chaplain (LTC) John Szilvasy, Retired