Friday, February 3, 2012

Chaplain’s Corner - January 2012

Open the Door and Let Jesus in.

Jesus made it clear to His disciples that He is "the way, the truth, and the Life" (John 14:6). He is the only way to the Father, and our belief and commitment to Him results in love and obedience--and leads to an eternal home in heaven. This truth is evident in Christina, a Bible student in Minsk, Belarus, who wrote this testimony: "Jesus died for everyone, even the most desperate sinner. The worst criminal who comes to Him in faith, the Lord will accept. "For a very long time, Jesus had been knocking at my door. Figuratively speaking, the door to my heart was open. I was a believer. But I kept the safety chain on my door in place. I would not turn my life over to Him. Cristina knew this was not right, and she felt that God was calling her to make a change. "I knelt before Him and opened the door as wide as I could." She took off the chain and let Jesus enter as her personal Savior and Lord.

If, like Christiana, you've been holding back from surrendering to God, Its time to unhook that safety chain. Let go of those reservations. Throw open the doors of your life and experience the joy of obedient discipleship. The poet Winder wrote "Less of self and more of Jesus, more and more each day like Thee: Just to live in full surrender for my Lord who ransomed me." If you have been holding back from God, try letting Him in. God will not let you down...This was adapted from Our Daily Bread, January 13th reading.

Chaplain John Szilvasy, LTC, SF (ret)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comments below. Keep it clean.