Saturday, June 15, 2013

Chaplain's Corner - May 2013

A 92 year old Pastor said the one thing that he could always rely on when tears and heart break and pain and sorrow paralyzed me was the deep comfort of this verse: “Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong, we are weak but He is strong….Yes, Jesus loves me…The Bible tells me so.” (CHORUS) The Pastor went on to say, “I always noticed that it was the adults who chose the children’s hymn ‘Jesus Loves Me’ during a hymn sing, and it was the adults who sang the loudest because I could see they knew it best. Well, here is a new senior’s version of ‘Jesus Loves me’ just for us past middle age and have white hair or no hair at all.”

Jesus loves me, this I know, though my hair is white as snow, though me sight is growing dim, still He bids me trust in Him. (CHORUS) YES, JESUS LOVES ME…YES JUSUS LOVES …YES, JESUS LOVES ME FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO.

Though me steps are oh, so slow, with my hand in His I’ll go on through life let come what may, He’ll be there to lead the way. (CHORUS) When the nights are dark and long, in my heart He puts a song. Telling me in words so clear, ‘Have no fear, for I am near.” (CHORUS) When me work on earth is done, and life’s victories have been won, He will take me home above, then I’ll understand His love (CHORUS) I love Jesus, does He know? Have I ever told Him so? Jesus loves to hear me say, that I love Him every day.

I sincerely hope this brought back childhood memories and warmed your hearts. Just think! If you have told Jesus that you love Him here on earth, then, when God calls to your heavenly home, you will be in the presence of Jesus, and you can say it to Jesus face to face. Praise God for the precious gift of the perfect peace of eternal life in heaven.

Chaplain John

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comments below. Keep it clean.