Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Chaplains Corner - August 2017

I don’t know about you, but I’m finding it more difficult to handle the growing evil that is so prevalent in the news reports on worldwide situations. Evil appears to be growing very rapidly. I can thank my God for giving me the wisdom to understand (though barely), to keep myself stable and in control of my emotions and responses to what evil is doing to individuals, organizations, and countries.


I pray for the families of those who are killed or wounded in combat, for all first responders, military, firemen, and medical personnel. I also pray for innocent bystanders, and lastly, for those evil doers who did the killing and wounding. I have found that after watching the news, praying for others has allowed me to maintain the necessary emotional and mental stability to face the demands of each day. It is the knowledge that God hears and answers prayers that allows me to persevere.

Love you all,
Chaplain John Szilvasy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comments below. Keep it clean.