Monday, March 27, 2017

Chaplain’s Corner - February 2017

Asking for God’s help when in the middle of a tough situation:

We are in the middle of evil political situations all around us, and some of us are on the verge of being overwhelmed with despair. In response, I thought I would share with you what King David wrote in his Psalm 86:1-13, which is recorded in the Old Testament of the Bible.

“Hear me, Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. Guard my life, for I am faithful to you; save your servant who trusts in you. You are my God; have mercy on me, Lord, for I call to you all day long. Bring joy to your servant, Lord, for I put me trust in you.
You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you. Hear my prayer; Lord; listen to my cry for mercy. When I am in distress, I call to you because you answer me.
Among the gods there is none like you, Lord; no deeds can compare with yours. All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, Lord; they will bring glory to your name. For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God.
Teach me your way, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths, from the realm of the dead.”

I hope this has given you some comfort. May God bless you with His peace, love, and protection.

Chaplain John Szilvasy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comments below. Keep it clean.