Saturday, October 19, 2013

Chaplain's Corner - September 2013

I will be 77 years old this December. I hope I have at least ten more good years without too many losses in my capacity to function with a good quality of life. I thank God that I am confident about when I die I will spend eternity in heaven with God, the Father, His Son Jesus Christ, and His Holy Spirit. Especially to be with family and good friends, who before they died, had accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.

Jesus tells us in John 14:6 that “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” Christians believe that when they made their decision to accept Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord they received salvation from sin and the promise of eternal life in heaven with God. Salvation from sin and eternal life in heaven are received by faith alone, not earned by good works without a confessing faith in Jesus Christ.

Most members in our chapter are Vietnam veterans in their mid to late sixties or in their seventies. We will all die probably in the next thirty years. I want to see all of you at the SF Team House in heaven. Christian Protestant biblical faith teaches us that our being in heaven for eternity is dependent on our personal decision to accept Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord during our life on earth. Without that decision, we are choosing to spend eternity separated from God with no second chance. I’m available to answer your questions.

Chaplain John Szilvasy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comments below. Keep it clean.